Club Code Of Ethics
Club Members will:
1. Properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care & arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if & when required.
2. Ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
3.Clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exercised or being exhibited.
4. Not allow their dog to roam at large or cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
5. Agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal e.g. tail docking, or carries out a Caesarean Section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
6. Agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies that do not conform to the Breed Standard should be place in suitable homes.
7. Abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
8.Not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
9. Agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could in any way be harmful to the dog or to the breed and avail themselves of relevant screening programmes as is appropriate to the breed prior to considering breeding.
10. Will submit all breeding stock for screening under the British Veterinary Asssociation/Kennel Club Hip Dysplasia Scheme and provide a copy if requested by a prospective purchaser.
11. Not mate a bitch before the age of two years and will ensure the bitch is physically and mentally mature enough to raise a litter.
12. Be able able to register only four litters with the K.C from any one bitch.
13. Only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re- homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
14. Supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
15. Ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
16. Not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind.
17. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items ( not accompanying a dog.
18. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health of a dog.
19. Encourage breeders to join the Kennel Club Assured Breeders Scheme.